About me |
Currently, I'm a high school math teacher. I made my PhD study at the LIGM in École Nationale des Ponts and at CMLA in Université Paris-Saclay (ex École Normale Supérieure de Cachan).
My main research interest is digital image processing, especially in interpolation, registration and multi-image fusion methods.
[Research gate profile] |
- Master M2 Mathematics/Computer Vision/Learning (master "MVA", Université Paris-Saclay, 2014).
- Agrégation de Mathématiques, 2013
- Master M2 "Formation à l'Enseignement Supérieur en Mathématiques" (Master FES, Université Paris-Saclay, 2013).
My main subjects of research are:
- Image interpolation
- Image registration
- Multi-image fusion
- Texture synthesis
- J. Anger, T. Briand, S. Calisti, C. De Franchis, T. Ehret, G. Facciolo, G. Lostis, J. Morel (2021). Method, device and non-transitory computer-readable storage medium for increasing the resolution and dynamic range of a sequence of respective top view images of a same terrestrial location. US Patent US20210110514A1 [Article]
- T. Briand (2019). Reversibility Error of Image Interpolation Methods: Definition and Improvements. Image Processing On Line. [doi:10.5201/ipol.2019.277] [Article] [BibTeX]
- T. Briand (2019). Trigonometric Polynomial Interpolation of Images. Image Processing On Line. [doi:10.5201/ipol.2019.273] [Article] [BibTeX]
- T. Briand, A. Davy (2019). Optimization of Image B-spline Interpolation for GPU Architectures. Image Processing On Line. [doi:10.5201/ipol.2019.257] [Article] [BibTeX]
- T. Briand (2018). Image Formation from a Large Sequence of RAW Images : performance and accuracy. PhD thesis.
[NNT:2018PESC1017] [Manuscript] [BibTeX]
- T. Briand, G. Facciolo, J. Sánchez (2018). Improvements of the Inverse Compositional Algorithm for Parametric Motion Estimation. Image Processing On Line. [doi:10.5201/ipol.2018.222] [Article] [BibTeX]
- T. Briand (2018). Low Memory Image Reconstruction Algorithm from RAW Images. 2018 IEEE 13th Image, Video, and Multidimensional Signal Processing Workshop (IVMSP). [doi:10.1109/IVMSPW.2018.8448561] [Article] [BibTeX]
- T. Briand, P. Monasse (2018). Theory and Practice of Image B-Spline Interpolation. Image Processing On Line. [doi:10.5201/ipol.2018.221] [Article] [BibTeX]
- T. Briand, J. Vacher (2016). How to Apply a Filter Defined in the Frequency Domain by a Continuous Function. Image Processing On Line. [doi:10.5201/ipol.2016.116] [Article] [BibTeX]
- T. Briand, J. Vacher, B. Galerne, J. Rabin (2014). The Heeger & Bergen Pyramid Based Texture Synthesis Algorithm. Image Processing On Line. [doi:10.5201/ipol.2014.79] [Article] [BibTeX]
- Heeger & Berger texture synthesis algorithm (C implementation). GitHub repository
- Homographic transformation of an image using B-spline interpolation (C implementation). GitHub repository
- Parametric motion estimation with the modified inverse compositional algorithm (C++ implementation). GitHub repository
- Image formation method from RAW images (C, C++ and bash implementation). GitHub repository
- Trigonometric polynomial interpolation of images (C implementation). GitHub repository
- Reversibility error of interpolation methods (C implementation). GitHub repository
Teaching in High School (since September 2018).
Teaching in Mathematics Department of Université Paris-Saclay (from September 2014 to June 2018):
- Seminars of "Intégration Probabilités" (Licence 3) with Alain Trouvé and Alain Durmus.
- Practical work of "Préparation à l'agrégation Option A: Probabilités Statistiques" with Sandrine Dallaporta.
- Practice orals of "Préparation à l'agrégation".
International Research Stays
I have collaborated with several research groups, including:
- TAMI (Mathematical Analisys and Processing of Images) group of Universitat de les Illes Balears, Spain (during my M1 degree from March to June 2012). Work with Bartomeu Coll and Antoni Buades.
- Sapiro Lab in Pratt School of Engineering at Duke University, USA (July 2017, July 2018 and August 2019). Invited by Guillermo Sapiro.
Please turn the (d0t) into a dot and the (at) into the @ sign.